SPOONER, Wis. -- A lightning strike is believed to be the cause of a fire that destroyed a Spooner home last evening, Wednesday, May 17, 2017, according to Spooner Fire Chief Darren Vik.
The home, located at N5024 Yellow River Dr, started on fire shortly after neighbors heard a loud bang along with a seeing a bright light shortly after 7:30 P.M.
Sources told DrydenWire that the owners were out of state at the time, and Chief Vik confirms that there were no injuries.
The residence was formerly the Green Thumb Gardens and Greenhouses business. The entire home was recently remodeled and was put up for sale, but is now a total loss.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- UPDATE: Spooner Man Appears on Charges of Using Computer to Facilitate a Child Sex Crime
- 1-Vehicle Crash in Spooner at 63 & 70 Intersection
- Spooner Man Charged With Use of Computer to Facilitate Child Sex Crime
- Strike Up The Band!
- Spooner Man Appears in Court on Arrest Warrant Stemming from 7th OWI
- Spooner Chamber Presents $2,500 Checks to Beneficiaries from Food & Wine Event
- May 19 & 20 is the Grand Opening of the New 3C Auction Site in Spooner
- Spooner Middle School & Spooner Police Provide Character Education Programming
- Spooner's 'Alley Cats' Up For Sale Or Lease