As you all know, on Tuesday night, some terrible storms hit Barron and Rusk counties. It was a sad day for many in our district, but the outpouring of love and support will overcome what has happened. For this week's update I wanted to highlight some of the resources that are available as well as volunteer opportunities as the cleanup continues. Follow this link to request assistance or volunteer, or contact the Barron County Red Cross at (715) 234-4888 or Mosaic at (715) 458-5400.
There is devastation across our region in the wake of these storms. Relief efforts are being coordinated through the Red Cross. See below for more ways you can help.
- Call 211 to report storm-related property damage
- Mosaic Telecom (401 S 1st Street, Cameron): The building is the emergency resource center. Open Friday from 11am-8pm and Saturday from 9am-4pm. Also is a shelter with meals, Goodwill vouchers, and emotional support. The Donation Center will be open on Monday at 9am for those affected.
- Auto Value Food Truck (2nd Street, Chetek): free food to volunteers and victims starting 11am Thursday
- Souix Creek/Jerry's Tree service: small fee to cover expenses
- Visitor Center or Bridgestop C-Store: Free water/gatorade while supplies last
- Chetek-Weyerhaeuser High School: Food, showers, wifi and phone charging Thursday
- St. Vincent DePaul: Victims with clothing or food needs can contact at (715) 736-1601
- Ventures Unlimited, Cameron: Offering $20 free clothing at Ventures thrift store for those affected by the storms. Thursday from 8am-4pm
- Mosaic Telecom/Barron County Red Cross: Drop site for monetary donations at any Mosaic Telecom. Checks should be made out to "Mosaic Telecom" and include "Disaster Relief Barron County Event" on the memo. The Barron County Sheriff has asked to hold off on donating durable goods until the needs can be assessed.
- Salvation Army: Monetary Donations for Chetek, Text: Chetek to 41444 for donation link, Phone: 1-800-264-6412 "Chetek Tornado"; Mail: The Salvation Army PO Box 8, Rice Lake, WI 54868 Make checks payable to The Salvation Army Memo: Chetek Tornado
- Pioneer Bank (Ladysmith): 2 Funds set up, one for Rusk County and one personal. In person or mail checks. "Rusk County Emergency Fund" goes to families in Rusk County or "Laurae Mallinson Benefit Fund"
- Ladysmith Federal Savings and Loan: In person or mail. "Tornado Relief" Donations go to families in Rusk County
- St. Peter's Catholic Church (1618 20th Street, Cameron): Volunteer Reception Center. Volunteers will be accepted from 8am-5pm Friday through Sunday but must be processed before beginning shifts.
- New Auburn Village Hall: Donations being accepted
- Fireline STC (Rice Lake): Donations being accepted
- Brions Grocery (Cameron): Donations being accepted
- Living Waters Church (Cameron): Donations being accepted
- Ruby's Closet: Donations of bedding, linens, blankets accepted and can be dropped off at Living Water 411 N Main St, Cameron
You May Also Be Interested In:
- First Annual Community Yard Sale!
- Rep. Quinn: 'Today I Witnessed God's Love First Hand'
- Rep Quinn: Sen. Bewley’s Fish Stories Don’t Hold Water
- From the Desk of Rep. Romaine Quinn
- WisDOT Receives $20,000 National Award to Help Combat Drugged Driving
- New Lakeside Community Unveiled in Rice Lake
- We All Can Play a Part in Building Community, Building Hope
- Rep. Quinn Wants To Hear From You (Survey)
- Rep. Quinn: HOPE Agenda & Meth Summit