Editor's Note: '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me' is part of DrydenWire’s 2020 election coverage. Each Thursday, we will feature a different candidate for this segment to publish. That candidate will also appear as our guest on Meet The Candidate, a special edition of DrydenWire Live! the following morning (Friday) at 8:30a on our Facebook page.
This week on '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me', we are featuring Gae Magnafici. Gae is the incumbant candidate in the 28th Assembly District race.
15 Things You Might Not Know About Me: Gae Magnafici
- I met my husband on a blind date. He did not know he was being set-up either.
- We each have a daughter and 3 grandkids between us.
- I love music. I play with a band. Most of our gigs are volunteering at area nursing homes.
- I’ve been involved with politics for most of my life. My dad was chairman of the Polk County Republican Party and ran for the Assemby and lost.
- I was in 4-H and showed Brown Swiss heifers at the County Fair.
- I played clarinet in the Amery Jr High and High School band.
- My mom and I sang duets in church.
- We have 2 rescue dogs.
- I collect antiques
- The house I grew up in had no furnace or insulation. My husband and I challenge each other to see who was the poorest.
- I’m the oldest of 7 kids.
- I took care of my mom and dad until they passed away.
- I love to bake pies and everything else.
- I didn’t start college until I was 25 years old. I worked a full time job and a part time job to pay my way while juggling a family.
- I enjoy gardening. Pulling weeds is therapeutic.