Note: '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me' is part of DrydenWire’s 2020 election coverage. Each Thursday, we will feature a different candidate for this segment. That candidate will also appear as our guest on 'Meet The Candidate', a special edition of 'DrydenWire Live!' the following morning (Friday) at 8:30a on DrydenWire's Facebook page. A recording will later be published on DrydenWire's YouTube channel and on DrydenWire.com.
This week's '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me' features Rep. Tom Tiffany. Tom is the republican candidate in Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District race.
15 Things You Might Not Know About Me!
- I owned and operated my own riverboat cruise business, Wilderness Cruises, in Northern Wisconsin for 20 years.
- I worked as the dam tender on the Willow Flowage for 29 years.
- Growing up, I served as an altar boy at my local church.
- As a father of 3 girls who were involved in dance classes growing up, I was a proud “dance dad” who spent many nights and weekends attending dance practices and recitals.
- My favorite band is The Allman Brothers.
- I met my wife Chris in 1988 at the Thirsty Wale in Minocqua.
- I grew up in a large farm family with 5 brothers and 2 sisters.
- I earned my degree in Agricultural Economics from UW – River Falls.
- My first full-time job out of college was managing the petroleum division of High Plains Cooperative for 7 years.
- My favorite lake is the Willow Flowage in Oneida County.
- I was the only Wisconsin state legislator to move a division of a state agency out of Madison – relocating the DNR’s Division of Forestry from Madison to Northern Wisconsin.
- Winston Churchill is the world leader I admire the most.
- My favorite movie series is Harry Potter.
- My favorite children’s movie is The Jungle Book (the original, of course).
- My favorite food is the prime rib from Wilderness Cruises (and I miss it!).