Note: '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me' is part of DrydenWire’s 2020 election coverage. Each Thursday, we will feature a different candidate for this segment. That candidate will also appear as our guest on 'Meet The Candidate', a special edition of 'DrydenWire Live!' the following morning (Friday) at 8:30a on DrydenWire's Facebook page. A recording will later be published on DrydenWire's YouTube channel and on DrydenWire.com.
This week's '15 Things You Might Not Know About Me', features Tricia Zunker. Tricia is the democratic candidate in Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional District race.
15 Things You Might Not Know About Me: Tricia Zunker
- I love gardening and every spring, I create some beautiful flower arrangements in my yard.
- I’ve had a couple knee surgeries on my left knee – one to address a meniscus tear as well as ACL reconstruction surgery. Before my knee injuries, I was on dance team and we even won division one state championship my junior year of high school! We also performed at a Milwaukee Bucks half-time show.
- I love live music and am a huge fan of Cher, Fleetwood Mac and The Rolling Stones.
- I played the piano for many years and even learned how to play the organ. I served as a substitute organist for Sunday services for a local church while in high school.
- I studied in Paris twice – once during my junior year of college and during one summer in law school. French was one of my three majors because I love the language, but I ended getting emergency certification to teach French and worked as a French teacher for one year between college and law school.
- My son is a huge train enthusiast and collects model trains. Along the way, I’ve become one with him, though not nearly to the same extent, but I can certainly hold my own in a conversation on train now! We have an ongoing goal of visiting as many train museums as we can in the country
- I work four jobs. I work as a judge for my tribe and teach at three school -- one online law school and two online universities. Right now, I am teaching six law and ethics classes between the three schools.
- My favorite author is Anne Lamott. I learned from Anne that “No is a complete sentence” and that “Joy is the best make-up. But a little lipstick is a close runner-up.”
- My motto is “go big or go home.” I just don’t know how to do anything at moderate level. :)
- I collect Ho-Chunk baskets. My grandma was a basketmaker and I collect them, not just because they are beautiful, but they symbolize perseverance and resilience. I have an entire basket gallery in part of my basement with over 125 collectible baskets.
- I enjoy and appreciate estate sales. I have found so many awesome treasures at estate sales over the years.
- Some of my favorite shows are: Curb Your Enthusiasm, Schitt’s Creek, Arrested Development and The Office. I love smart, thoughtful comedies.
- Teal is my signature color.
- My Ho-Chunk name is Hinuk pii, which means “Good Woman.”
- I’m a member of the Screen Actors Guild. I got in from a role as a British maid, which ultimately was mostly cut. But I’m still a dues-paying member to this day.
Last Update: Oct 15, 2020 8:18 am CDT