The two victims in yesterday’s UTV accident on Lake Holcombe are identified as:
- Father: John D Custer age 74 of rural Holcombe WI.
- Daughter: Jennifer M Custer age 39 also of Holcombe WI. (living with her parents).
CHIPPEWA COUNTY -- A 74-year-old father along with his 39-year-old daughter died after their UTV fell through the ice on the Chippewa River in the Township of Lake Holcombe, according to a press release from the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office.
Date and Time of Event: 03/15/20 - 1650 hours
On the above date and time, the Sheriff’s Office responded to a report of an occupied UTV that was witnessed going through the ice. EMS and Dive Team later located 2 persons in the enclosed UTV submerged on the river bottom. Both were transported to Mayo Eau Claire and later pronounced deceased.
The Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office would like to remind everyone to be extremely cautious on the ice as the weather continues to warm up.
- Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office
- Cornell Fire and EMS
- Chippewa Falls EMS and Dive Team
- WI DNR Wardens
- Mayo & Life Link helicopters
- Per Sheriff James Kowalczyk