This week's Wisconsin road construction update from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation for Northwest Wisconsin.
Editor's note: starting this week, the only counties that will be shown below are the six counties in DrydenWire's coverage area: Barron, Burnett, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn.
Highway: US 8
- Location: 20th Street and County SS intersections, village of Cameron
- Schedule: Sept. 21 to late October
- Cost: $618,057
- Description: At 20th Street: Building right-turn lanes on 20th Street in both the east- and westbound direction and removing the existing median crossing and installing U-turns in both the east- and westbound direction. At County SS: Installing street lighting and an overhead stop sign with a flashing beacon and building new curb and gutter islands and medians.
- Traffic impacts: There are single-lane closures on east- and westbound US 8.
Highway: WIS 48
- Location: Between West and Bear Paw avenues, city of Rice Lake
- Schedule: April 20 to November
- Cost: $5.1 million
- Description: Reconstructing WIS 48 from West Avenue to Bear Paw Avenue, rebuilding the WIS 48-West Avenue intersection with a roundabout, reconstructing the north- and southbound US 53 ramp terminals as roundabouts and improving the Bear Paw Avenue intersection with traffic signal installation.
- Traffic impacts: The West Avenue intersection south of WIS 48 reopened to traffic Thursday, Oct. 22.
Highway: WIS 35
- Location: County F to West Avenue North, Dresser
- Schedule: Sept. 21 to October
- Cost: $446,967
- Description: Repairing curb, gutter and inlets, milling the existing pavement, overlaying WIS 35 with new asphalt and restriping the road to accommodate a two-way, center left-turn lane.
- Traffic impacts: None; project complete.
Highway: WIS 73
- Location: Alder Creek Bridge, north of Jump River
- Schedule: Sept. 21 to November
- Cost: $473,476
- Description: Removing the triple culvert structure, replacing it with a bridge, paving WIS 73 with asphalt north and south of the new structure and adding guardrail, pavement marking and signs.
- Traffic impacts: WIS 73 is closed at the project site.
- Detour: WIS 64, WIS 27, US 8 and WIS 73.