BARRON COUNTY -- One man is in custody on charges of 2nd Degree Intentional Homicide following a shooting that has left one person dead, according to a press release from the Barron County Sheriff’s Office.
On Monday, December 28, 2020 at 4:44pm the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call of a male subject that was shot on North Mill St in the City of Barron. The caller reported that the suspect fled in a car.
The Barron Police responded to the scene along with deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department, Troopers from the WI State Patrol, a DNR Warden, the Barron Fire Department, Mayo Ambulance and Life Link Helicopter.
While enroute to the call a subject called 911 stating he was the shooter. He was later taken into custody in the parking lot of the Justice Center.
Initial investigation shows a possible road rage incident took place and Clayton Lauritsen, 20 of Cumberland shot Lauritz Robertson, 45 of Barron.
Robertson was pronounced deceased at the scene.
Laurtisen is being held in the Barron County Jail on charges of 2nd Degree Intentional Homicide.
This is an isolated incident and there is no danger to the public.
Formal charges are expected later this week by the Barron County District Attorney’s Office.
- Per Joe Vierkandt, Barron Police Chief
- Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
More Crime & Court Articles
- Rusk County Judge Barna: Man Charged In Rusk County Drug Case Will Be Granted Furlough To Attend Treatment
- Siren Man Charged Following Drug Investigation Into Suspected Illegal Sales Of Fentanyl
- Lengthy Drug Investigation Ends With Search Warrant: Fentanyl, Meth, & Mushrooms Seized
- Read More Crime & Court News