This week’s updates from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) on road construction projects for Barron, Burnett, Polk, Rusk, Sawyer, and Washburn counties.
Northwest Region Pavement Marking
- Location: Various
- Schedule: May 17 to October
- Cost: $1.04 million
- Description: Completing longline marking of centerlines and edge lines and special marking of words, arrows, stop bars, diagonals, curbs and crosswalks.
Highway: WIS 46 (Keller Avenue)
- Location: Snow Street to the York Park entrance, city of Amery
- Schedule: May 3 to November
- Cost: $1.87 million
- Description: Resurfacing WIS 46, reducing the number of traffic lanes to one in each direction with a two-way left-turn lane in the center by adding new lane markings, upgrading traffic signal systems at the intersections of Broadway Street East (County F) and Birch Street to current standards and replacing curb ramps throughout the project limits.
- Traffic impacts: The project is to be complete today, with WIS 46 reopening to traffic.
Highway: US 8
- Location: West 8th Street to River Avenue East in Ladysmith
- Schedule: Aug. 16 to late October
- Cost: $1.62 million
- Description: Grinding the full width of the existing concrete pavement to a depth of 1 to 2 inches, repairing concrete joints with asphalt mix, overlaying the roadway with 2.25 to 2.5 inches of asphalt, upgrading curb ramps to Americans With Disabilities Act standards, converting West 5th Street North to right in/right out only from US 8, adding a raised median at the railroad crossing, upgrading signage and putting down new pavement marking.
- Traffic impacts: None; the project is to be complete today.
Highway: County E
- Location: Couderay River Bridge
- Schedule: Sept. 13 to November
- Cost: $582,000
- Description: Replacing the bridge.
- Traffic impacts: County E is closed at the bridge.
Highway: US 53
- Location: Between Mackey and Ross roads in the town of Trego
- Schedule: March 17, 2021 to November 2022
- Cost: $17.65 million
- Description: Reconstructing US 53 from Mackey Road to existing US 63, relocating US 63 to closely follow the existing Wild Rivers State Trail and constructing a new grade separated interchange connecting US 53 with realigned US 63, new west frontage road from Mackey Road to County E and turn lanes along US 53 at existing intersections, including Mackey, O’Brien and Ross roads.
- Traffic impacts:
- US 53 is reduced to a single lane in both directions, and the speed limit has been reduced from 65 mph to 55 mph.
- Temporary signals are in operation at the US 53 intersection at US 63/Liesch Road.
- US 63 lanes are restricted to 13 feet, and the speed limit has been reduced from 55 mph to 45 mph.
- County E is detoured onto Liesch Road.
Last Update: Nov 01, 2021 7:40 am CDT