This week's 21 Things You Might Not Know About Me features Christopher S. Carroll, D.D.S., from River Street Dental located in Spooner, Wisconsin.
1) I have lived in 7 states including South Dakota, Idaho, North Dakota, Minnesota, Illinois, Nebraska, and Wisconsin.
2) I was a 2-time state high school wrestler in North Dakota.
3) I completed 9 years of undergraduate studies and 4 years of dental school. Besides my biology and chemistry coursework, I hold degrees in Church Music and Pastoral Studies.
4) I worked at a cheese factory in Wisconsin.
5) I managed a vitamin factory.
6) I put myself through school doing furniture repair for various furniture stores.
7) I taught myself clock repair and owned my own clock repair business in the Twin Cities.
8) I owned a Yamaha XT 250 on/off-road motorcycle which I sold to pay for my honeymoon.
9) I will be happily married to my childhood sweetheart, Paula, for 28 years in June. We met in 6th grade at church and grew up a few miles apart.
10) I was a full-time assistant pastor for about 3 years in Rock Island, IL and Waupaca, WI.
11) I was a vocal major in college and toured with the college choir in the United States and England.
12) I received my Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the University of Nebraska Medical in Lincoln, NE.
13) I helped lead a dental/medical missions trip to rural Haiti.
14) Max Baer, the heavyweight boxer, as well as his son Max Baer Jr. , the actor who played Jethro Bodine on the Beverly Hillbillies, are relatives of mine.
15) My grandfather, Alvin Baer, played professional football for the San Diego Bombers in the era of the “Leatherheads”.
16) My wife and I produced and acted in seasonal musicals/dramas at several churches.
17) I have 4 wonderful children that God has blessed me with.
18) My wife and I have homeschooled all 4 of our children.
19) I love Jesus Christ and seek to honor Him in all that I do.
20) I grew up trout fishing in the Rockies of Idaho, and I continue to enjoy fishing with my family.
21) I once caught a large Muskie on an area lake on a Scumfrog and 6 lb monofilament line while fishing for bass. We were floating in the weeds while stranded in a boat with an engine that wouldn’t start. My boys ended up wrestling the unsuspecting fish into the boat, and we paddled back to the launch. True story.
If you would like to learn how you can be featured in an upcoming '21 Things You Might Not Know About Me' segment, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on Facebook at facebook.com/drydenwire.