This week's 21 Things You Might Not Know About Me features Vic Sacco of The Sacco Group and is being brought to you by The Body Shop Fitness Centers. Hurry into The Body Shop locations as they are waiving activation fees in January for all new members who sign up for a 12-month membership. If you would like to be a sponsor for a future 21 Things, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In 2004, I played the drums to 5 songs at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland, Ohio. Played Low Rider and Love Shack to name a few with an amazing full band.
- I can do imitations of Kermit the Frog, Columbo, a cricket and a gorilla. Beer required!
- I grew up in North STL (near Ferguson, MO) 4 brothers no sisters.
- My father was a professional musician traveled all over the country, sometimes up to 6 months at a time. My mother was a music teacher, oldest brother a music major. 3 older brothers had a very popular band in St. Louis called “Sacco Brothers Band”. They played a ton of Italian weddings. My brothers, sister in laws, niece and nephews and I still get together and play when in STL.
- Won "athlete of the year” my freshman year in a large school and had to letter in 3 sports to qualify: football, wrestling and track.
- Became a drummer at the age 15, joined “Outrage” at 16 and Won Battles of the Bands playing Jethro Tull, Locomotive Breath and Mississippi Queen by Mountain. At the age of 17 performed in another battle of the bands and the earned the right to played at Six Flags Over Mid America. The band Head East played at the main stage.
- In my late teen’s, my mother remarried a wonderful man who had no kids and he took my mom and 5 brothers out of the hood and moved us to West St. Louis. This was a huge move! He passed away in 2014 due to cancer. He made a big impact on my life. Miss him terribly. He is one of the reasons the Sacco Group has chosen to donate funds for the Dock, DrydenWire Coffee fundraiser in February for Relay for Life. Last year the beneficiary was Leukemia Lymphoma Society (LLS) in honor of my brother Scott a blood cancer survivor. I was the Board President of LLS for MN, ND, SD and Western Wisconsin. I was also on the National Board of Directors as well.
- I played drums professionally in a band called “Jade”, during and after college. We played in St. Louis but mostly in the East St. Louis area.
- On my 25th birthday, I was electrocuted while performing on stage. I grabbed the light pole with the microphone in my other hand and boom, passed out, knocked the light pole off the stage, right on top of the bar where people were drinking. Nobody died.
- Obtained my real estate license in 1984 while attending college and performing on weekends. I have been in real estate for 34 years. Nothing I would rather do!
- In 1985 I earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a Minor in Marketing, from Maryville University a Catholic school in STL
- In 1990 Amoco Oil hired and moved me from St. Louis to handle its retail real estate property for MN, western WI, ND and SD. Lived on Lake Minnetonka. Later worked for SuperAmerica then Holiday Stationstores.
- In 1994 met my wife Jaci, first came Jacob, then Aaron! We needed more space so we moved onto Enchanted Island on Lake Minnetonka. Traveled over a one lane bridge to get there.
- 2006 quit my job as Senior Manager of Real Estate for Holiday Stationstores to live full time on Long Lake and work at Edina Realty, the premier real estate firm in the Mid-West. Jaci and I fell in love with Long Lake when we first met. Jaci is the Benefits Coordinator for veterans for the University of Wisconsin Colleges. Jake is now at UWS and Aaron a Sophomore at Spooner HS. Very proud of my family.
- We enjoy boating! My favorite boat is a pristine 1958 Trojan Marlin wooden boat with original engine and trailer. Found in an old barn. My goal is to sail this summer up in Bayfield then eventually South FL.
- I love to ski. Unfortunately, I tore my ACL in two on January 11, 2017, while trying to keep up with my sons skiing in Lutsen. Tough injury. Greenfield PT helped put me back on (skate ski’s) this winter. Downhill later this year or next for sure!
- My mother is the prettiest 82-year-old in the world. Check my Facebook page!
- I served on the Board of Directors of the Long Lake Preservation Association. Our meetings were held at Hunt Hill.
- I have a reverse Mohawk haircut.
- In 2017 I decided to expand and enhance my customer service. I have handpicked 3 talented professionals to help build the Sacco Group. Kate Folstad a Shell Lake resident for many years who has a background in insurance, construction, project management and all around cool gal! Aaron Arf former Executive Director of the Spooner Area Chamber and owner of Dahl's Furniture, amazing networking skills, customers service and entertaining personality! Jenifer Clark, a professional photographer, paralegal, managed a title company and lending office, excellent people skills and dependable businesswoman. She has a smooth southern accent!
- My favorite hobbies are practicing the drums, skiing, snorkeling, boating and walking in the woods. I can do all those things right where we live!
- I don’t like garlic. Yep, an Italian who does not like garlic. Sorry, Pisano’s!
- I tie my own bow ties. Practiced in front of a mirror. I love the nostalgia look. I respect the folks I serve and the people I work with and I think a bow tie helps, plus a bow tie doesn’t get in my non-garlic pasta.
"These stories were free, but I have many other stories to share and it will cost you a beer or a scotch! Let’s talk, I want to hear your story!"