This week's 21 Things You Might Not Know About Me features Whitney Korthof.
1. Washburn County has been my home my entire life and I graduated from Spooner High School in 2005.
2. I live in the house that I grew up in and am the fifth generation in my family to live at that location.
3. I have five horses, three cats, and two dogs. Two of my horses are miniatures. Festus, one of the miniatures, thinks he’s a big horse so he “lets” himself into the big horse pasture on a regular basis.
4. I am currently working for Washburn County Economic Development Corporation, Washburn County Tourism Association, and the Spooner Area Chamber of Commerce.
5. When I’m not working one of my other three jobs, I also work at Hoofbeat Ridge Ranch occasionally during the summer. This past year was my 14th season working as a trail guide in the area.
6. I am a Spooner Rodeo Committee Member and have been volunteering at the Rodeo for many years. In recent years, I help “Mama Kate” at the entry gate coordinate the flag laps.
7. I’m currently pursuing a Business Graphics Certificate at WITC.
8. My grandpa lives next door to me so I spend a lot of time with him.
9. Every fall, I take a road trip out west with my grandpa for a week. We usually go to Yellowstone or Glacier National Park, but this year we went to Colorado and Rocky Mountain National Park.
10. I love spending time in the kitchen and cooking. We have a lot of family meals at my place.
11. In my free time during the summer and fall, I like to can vegetables. Most of the things I preserve come from family and friends’ gardens.
12. My boyfriend, Nate, and I fish in the Spooner Bass League.
13. I love spending time doing anything outdoors.
14. I’m an avid deer hunter and go hunting every year during gun season. A couple of years ago I also began pheasant hunting.
15. I play fetch with our yellow lab, Dicken, almost every morning and as soon as I get home from work.
16. I am a morning person. I’m usually awake before my alarm goes off at 5 a.m.
17. If you see me around, chances are I will be wearing cowboy boots. I wear them pretty much everywhere.
Photo credit: James Netz Photography and Washburn County Tourism
18. I love to travel. I almost always have a trip or two scheduled. Some of my favorite trips are going to National Finals Rodeo in Las Vegas and my annual trip with my grandpa.
19. Music is almost always playing while I work. You’ll frequently hear me listening to the classic country station on Pandora.
20. I have my motorcycle license.
21. I love living and working in Washburn County! Thanks for reading!