Two Adults and Four-Year-Old Child Die from Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Sawyer Co.
On 10/29/17 at 11:20 a.m. The Sawyer County Sheriff's Office received a call regarding three unresponsive people in a residence located on Highway 27/70, Radisson, WI, possibly victims of carbon monoxide poisoning. Sawyer County Sheriff's Office Deputies responded to the residence, assisted by Sawyer County Ambulance and Paramedics, the Radisson Fire Department, the Couderay Fire Department, the Exeland Fire Department and the Sawyer County Coroner's Office. The three victims, two adults and one child, were found deceased inside the residence.
The victims have been identified as Steven Michael Ryan, age 61, Carolyn Marie Rindahl, age 60, both of the Town of Radisson and their grandson, age 4. All three victims showed signs of carbon monoxide poisoning at the scene. There were no visible signs of injuries to any of the victims. The Sawyer County Coroner's Office is awaiting toxicology results for all three victims. Preliminary indication are that a recently improperly installed furnace in the residence was responsible for the deaths. Carbon monoxide was found to be present inside the residence after the victims were located.
This incident remains under investigation, pending toxicology results.
Per Sawyer County Sheriff Doug Mrotek
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 12/4 to 12/8
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 12/4 to 12/10
- This Week's Great Deals from Economart - 12/11 to 12/17
- Special Christmas Giveaway from DrydenWire.com
- Don't Miss Out on These Coupon Specials from Hardware Hank
- Washburn County Accident Report from 11/30 to 12/6
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 11/27 to 12/1
- Washburn County Jail Bookings from 11/27 to 12/3
- Burnett County Sheriff’s Deputy Pleads No Contest to OWI w/Child in Vehicle
- Washburn County Accident Report from 11/23 to 11/29