Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death
On Sunday, July 9, 2017, at 5:29 a.m., the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call from 310 3rd Street in Haugen reporting a 3-month-old child not breathing.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with the LMC Ambulance and Bear Lake Haugen First Responders responded to the scene.
The 3-month-old was flown from LMC to Marshfield Medical Center where the baby was pronounced deceased on July 11, 2017, at 10:00 p.m.
A four-month investigation into this case which consisted of interviews and confirming autopsy results lead to the arrest of the father, Curtis Strand, 31 of this address. Strand is being held in the Barron County Jail on 1st Degree Reckless Homicide charges awaiting formal charges by the Barron County District Attorney’s Office.
The investigation into this case continues by the Barron County Sheriff’s Department and the Barron County Medical Examiner’s Office.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Walker Signs 8 Crime Prevention & Victim Protection Bills into Law
- Shell Lake Officer Receives Letter of Commendation for Investigation into Cenex Burglary
- Walker Signs Three Bills Supporting Veterans into Law
- Opinion: After My Family’s 15 Year Battle, Property Rights in Wisconsin Have Been Restored
- Walker Signs 36 Bills Into Law, Including Allowing Wis. Farmers to Grow Hemp
- Guilty Plea to 5th Offense OWI by Webster Man After Failing to Appear for Jury Trial
- Siren Man Faces Felony Charges After Discovery of More Than 20 Pot Plants
- Governor Walker Signs 19 Bills Into Law
- Three Jarchow Bills Signed Into Law