Addison Agen, 'The Voice' Finalist Contestant with Spooner Ties
Addison Agen, 16, from Fort Wayne, Indiana, is one of the 8 final contestants in the popular 2017 “The Voice” competition held on NBC. Interestingly, she has strong ties to Spooner. Her maternal Grandmother, Connie Reiter, graduated from Spooner High in 1967. Her maternal Great-Grandparents, long-time area familiar pillars of Spooner, were Matt and Evelyn Reiter. Addison has many Aunts, Uncles, cousins in the area. Bob & Ellen Reiter, JoAnn Jordan, Ken and Marion Reiter are long-time residents, born & raised here and again, live here. And I, Terri Reiter, am her cousin!
Connie married John Agen, from the Cumberland area, and they raised their children in Gilman, WI. Their daughter Kristine is Addison’s Mother.
Addison had never been on a plane before flying out to audition for The Voice. Raised in Fort Wayne, Indiana, Addison started singing when she was only four years old. When she was nine, her father bought a record store that gave Addison the opportunity to explore many different genres and musical influences. She began songwriting when she was 11, and recently, her father built a stage inside the shop so she could perform. Addison's mother has several jobs, including being a musical therapist at nursing homes. Addison loves to help her mom by singing at the nursing homes and getting the residents excited about music.
On Monday night, Dec. 11, the 8 remaining contestants will perform at 7 p.m., and the new voting period starts at the same time. It runs through Tuesday at 7 p.m. central time until Tuesday the 12th at 11 a.m. On Tuesday night at 7 p.m. central time, they will announce the final four contestants, eliminating 4. Folks can vote online at nbc.com and FB, and by purchasing the live iTunes of Addison's, and then folks can continue to play or stream the songs for more points!
A few of Addison’s songs have made it in the top 10 from the Itunes Top 200 Chart. (For full voting rules, visit nbc.com/voicevoterules.)
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- 'Breakfast for the Brain' Coming to Spooner Senior Center
- Spooner Area School District Election Notice for School Board
- Barron County Woman Charged with Wire Fraud & Tax Crimes
- Jimmy's Pizza in Spooner is 'Moving On'
- Spooner Health Lights up the Holidays with Love Light Ceremony
- Spooner Chamber Announces New Executive Director
- Spooner Man Pleads Guilty to Burglary of IPlay Store