Names Released in Semi vs Van Crash on HWY 53
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation, State Patrol, has released the names of the two involved in yesterday's crash on HWY 53 near Haugen, Wis.
The crash involved 2 injuries. Vehicle and occupant information:
Unit 1: Truck Tractor (Semi Attached) (2000 Mack Tractor)
- Driver: Korn, Dennis C . 67 Year Old Male From Winneconn, WI.
- Injuries: Non-Life Threatening
- Transported to: Lakeview Medical Center, Rice Lake, WI
- Enforcement Action: No
Unit 2: Passenger Car (2003 Dodge Van)
- Driver: Doorn, Darlene J. 67 Year Old Female From Rice Lake, WI
- Injuries: Life-Threatening
- Transported to: Mayo Hospital, Eau Claire, WI
- Enforcement Action: Pending Investigation
Thursday, October 5, 2017
(1:56p) -- The Wisconsin Department of Transportation has issued the following information:
At 8:12 AM on Thursday, October 05, 2017 a crash occurred on US 53 SB at US-53 @ 26.5 Avenue in BARRON County near HAUGEN.
Assisting agencies included Barron County Sheriff, Rice Lake Police Department, Rice Lake Fire Department, Haugen Fire Department, and Lakeview Ambulance.
The details of the crash are as follows:
On Thursday, October 5, 2017 at approximately 8:12 a.m., the Wisconsin State Patrol Spooner Post received a report of a wrong way driver traveling northbound in the southbound lanes of US-53 near mile marker 141 in Barron County. At 8:16 a.m. a trooper located a crash on US-53 @ 26.5 Avenue. A northbound 2003 Dodge van operated by a 67 year old female driver from Rice Lake, WI collided with a southbound 2000 Mack semi operated by Radtke Trucking. The driver of the semi was identified as a 67 male from Winneconne, WI. The driver of the van received serious injuries and was airlifted to Mayo Hospital in Eau Claire, WI. The driver of the semi was also injured and was transported to Lakeview Medical Center in Rice Lake, WI. The crash remains under investigation at this time. Names are being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
(12:53p) -- One person has been airlifted from the scene and that person's condition is unknown at this time. The driver of the semi was taken to a hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
(10:30a) -- Emergency Services say that both northbound lanes of Highway 53 are open. Southbound is restricted to one lane for the next 15 minutes until emergency crews clear the scene.
(9:44a) -- The Rice Lake Police Department says that Hwy 53 is now open.
(9:00a) -- The Emergency Services of Barron County is reporting that the northbound lane is reduced to one-lane, and the southbound lane is temporarily closed due to a motor vehicle crash north of 26th Ave. They are asking people to please avoid the area until emergency crews have cleared the scene.
(8:55a) -- The Rice Lake Police Department stated on their Facebook page that "Hwy 53 southbound just north of Rice Lake closed".
HAUGEN, Wis. -- A 2-vehicle crash occurred this morning at approximately 8:10a on US 53 near Haugen, WI.
(8:40a) -- Barron County Sheriff, Chris Fitzgerald, told DrydenWire.com that the incident was a "Semi vs Car" situation. The Barron County Sheriff's Department is the handling agency.
It is unknown at this time if there are any injuries.
- Incident Type: Crash
- County: BARRON
- Nearest City: HAUGEN
- On Highway: US 53 NB/SB
- At Location: Between 26th Ave and 27th Ave
- Incident Occurred: 10/05/2017 8:10 AM
- Estimated Duration: Over 2 Hours
DrydenWire will update this post when more information becomes available.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Fatal Crash in Washburn County
- Alcohol Suspected as Factor in Vehicle vs Tree Crash in Burnett County
- New Information Released from Barron Co. Sheriff on Chetek Tragedy
- 40-Year-Old Female Dies in Brule ATV Crash
- Two-Vehicle Crash in Polk Co. Results in Death of 38-Year-Old
- Names Released in Car vs Pedestrian Accident in St. Croix Casino Parking Lot
- Vehicle vs Tree Crash Results in Death of Barron Co. Man
- Authorities Release Name of Victim in Fatal Crash
- Sex Offender to be Released in Ladysmith