AODA Mini Grant Applications Now Available
WASHBURN COUNTY -- Washburn County Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse (AODA) mini grant applications are now available. Mini grants are awarded for a maximum of $1,000.00 for a single organization grant and $1,000.00 per organization for multiple organization grant applications. Any group, organization or individual may apply. Previous grants were awarded for such items and events as anti-drug educational materials, videos and alternative activities for youth and adults such as Safe Nights and Family Festival, and professional training.
All Grants Must Contain The Following:
- 1 or more persons from the organization Must attend the meeting and present the grant request to the AODA Committee.
- The program or event must have a clear AODA message.
- All participants must be alcohol and drug free during the program/event.
- All events must have on site adult supervision for the duration of the program/event.
In addition, the committee recommends coordination of speaker dates to reduce costs/ share resources and to research the possibility of a joint application where a larger grant award would be considered. The Grantee should also explore Contribution options from additional sources.
Grant applications and guidelines are available at the Washburn County Health Department at 222 Oak Street in Spooner and on the Washburn County website.
Completed applications must be returned to the Washburn County Health Department by Friday, February 23, 2018. Completed applications can be:
- Returned in person – 222 Oak Street, Spooner
- Fax to (715) 635-4416
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The next meeting of the Washburn County AODA Committee will be at 4:00pm on Wednesday, March 14, 2018, in the meeting room located at the Washburn County Highway Shop on Hwy H in Spooner.
Questions can be directed to Dianna Stumph at the Washburn County Health Department at (715) 635-4400 or via email to email@example.com.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Namekagon River Highlighted as Wisconsin's Moving National Park with Help from Tourism Grant
- Economic Injury Disaster Loans Available Following Disaster Declaration
- Prevent Medicine Abuse in Barron County: New Med. Drop Boxes Available for Safe Disposal
- Grants Now Available for Non-Profit Organizations to Help Veteran Entrepreneurs
- Adult HPV Vaccination Completion Grant Ends Soon
- FREE Groups Available at Spooner Health
- Address Confidentiality Program for Victims of Actual & Feared Abuse Available April 1
- Funding Now Available for Septic System Repairs
- Wisconsin Submits Grant Application to Fight Opioid Epidemic