There are many things that you can do to help get yourself ready. Three of these are building a kit, making a plan, and staying informed. Building a kit means putting items together that would assist you if you are without power or need to leave your home. Making a plan is figuring out what steps you would take in different events. Staying informed allows you to be notified of emergencies and continue to get updates.
There are multiple ways to stay informed, one of which is signing up for your county’s emergency alerting system at http://entry.inspironlogistics.com/burnett_wi/wens.cfm.
Here are some tips to help you prepare!
1. Planning for disaster doesn’t have to be expensive. There are ways to save money while stocking up on essential items.
- Look for coupons
- Check at discount stores
- Check the sales ads
2. Having a well-stocked first aid kit doesn’t have to break the bank. Save money by making your own.
3. Download an alerting app.
4. Involve your whole family in creating and practicing your emergency plan.
- Don’t Forget to Include:
- Older Parents
5. What are some simple things you can do to be prepared for an emergency?
- Have an evacuation plan
- Keep your cell phone and other devices charged
- Keep your gas tank full
- Keep some extra cash on hand
For more tips and information on preparedness:
- “Burnett County Wisconsin Public Health” Facebook Page
- Burnett County Website Preparedness page
- Burnett County Website