(Reedsburg, Wis.) – Today, the campaign of Sauk County Circuit Court Judge Michael Screnock in the race to replace retiring Justice Michael Gableman on the Wisconsin Supreme Court announced the endorsement of the majority of Wisconsin’s county sheriffs.
Judge Screnock is particularly honored to have the support of law enforcement leaders throughout the state - from the Illinois border to the shores of Lake Superior and from the Mississippi and St. Croix rivers to Lake Michigan.
“I am truly humbled to have earned the respect and endorsement of 38 and counting of the state’s sheriffs,” said Sauk County Circuit Court Judge Michael Screnock. “Law enforcement leaders statewide have listened to my judicial philosophy and realize that I can be trusted to respect the rule of law and ensure that the people of Wisconsin have justices that interpret the laws and not attempt to rewrite the law from the bench.”
Judge Michael Screnock was appointed to the Sauk County Circuit court in 2015 and ran unopposed for election in 2016. He has enjoyed the privilege of serving his hometown in this capacity, and is particularly proud of the work Sauk County's Drug Court has accomplished since its inception last year.
"Nearly every sheriff I have spoken with has identified the current drug addiction epidemic as one of the key issues facing their county," Judge Screnock reports. "I am excited to bring my Drug Court
experience to the Supreme Court, where we can work with circuit courts across the state in developing and enhancing treatment and other problem-solving courts."
Judge Screnock provides a unique perspective that will be a tremendous asset to the state’s highest court. He earned his undergraduate degree in mathematics from the University of Wisconsin- Madison, and received an MBA from Eastern College in Pennsylvania. He worked as a city administrator and as a finance director in the cities of Reedsburg, Washburn, and Ashland, Wisconsin before deciding to go back to the University of Wisconsin-Madison to pursue his Juris Doctor. He worked at Michael Best & Friedrich prior to becoming a judge, where he participated in numerous cases before the Wisconsin Court of Appeals and Wisconsin Supreme Court.
Judge Michael Screnock lives in Reedsburg with his wife. They have three adult children.
The current list of sheriffs endorsing Judge Michael Screnock’s candidacy for the Wisconsin Supreme Court include:
- Adams County Sheriff Sam Wollin
- Bayfield County Sheriff Paul Susienka
- Brown County Sheriff John R. Gossage
- Burnett County Sheriff Ronald Wilhelm
- Clark County Sheriff Greg Herrick
- Columbia County Sheriff Dennis Richards
- Eau Claire County Sheriff Ron Cramer
- Grant County Sheriff Nate Dreckman
- Green County Sheriff Mark Rohloff
- Green Lake County Sheriff Mark Podoll
- Iowa County Sheriff Steve Michek
- Jefferson County Sheriff Paul Milbrath
- Juneau County Sheriff Brent Oleson
- Kenosha County Sheriff David G. Beth
- Kewaunee County Sheriff Matthew Joski
- Lafayette County Sheriff Reg Gill
- Lincoln County Sheriff Jeff Jaeger
- Marathon County Sheriff Scott Parks
- Marquette County Sheriff Kim Gaffney
- Monroe County Sheriff Scott Perkins
- Oconto County Sheriff Michael Jansen
- Oneida County Sheriff Grady
- Hartman Outagamie County Sheriff Brad Gehring
- Ozaukee County Sheriff James Johnson
- Polk County Sheriff Peter Johnson
- Racine County Sheriff Christopher Schmaling
- Richland County Sheriff James Bindl
- Rusk County Sheriff Jeffery S. Wallace
- Saint Croix County Sheriff Scott Knudson
- Sauk County Sheriff Chip Meister
- Sheboygan County Sheriff Todd Priebe
- Vernon County Sheriff John Spears
- Walworth County Sheriff Kurt Picknell
- Washburn County Sheriff Terry Dryden
- Waukesha County Sheriff Eric J. Severson
- Waupaca County Sheriff Brad Hardel
- Waushara County Sheriff Jeff Nett
- Winnebago County Sheriff John Matz