BURNETT COUNTY -- Burnett County Sheriff's Deputies responded to a report of a camper on fire on July 21, 2017, in Wood River Township, Burnett County. The subsequent investigation has resulted in felony charges being filed against a Grantsburg, WI man.
Robert Kratzke, of Grantsburg, WI, has been charged with Class I Felony Arson of Property Other Than Building following the July 21, 2017, incident.
According to the criminal complaint filed against Kratzke, when Burnett County Deputies arrived on the scene, they observed a camper engulfed in flames.
A witness told deputies that Kratzke had accused her of cheating on him and then set the camper on fire. When law enforcement searched a vehicle which was being driven by Kratzke, they reportedly located a red 5-gallon gas can with a small amount of gas still in it, along with a dry, empty 1-gallon gas can. A receipt for a gas purchase on July 21 from the Burnett Dairy Co-Op was also found in the vehicle.
It was determined that the camper belonged to someone else and that Kratzke did not have permission to set it on fire.
If convicted of this charge, Kratzke could face a maximum sentence of confinement in state prison for 3 years and 6 months, a maximum fine of $10,000, or both.
Kratzke appeared in Burnett County Circuit Court on August 9, 2017, for an Initial Appearance on his Felony charge, and is scheduled to appear again on October 24, 2017.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Spooner Woman Facing Multiple Meth Related Criminal Charges
- Burnett Medical Center CEO: 'Help Save Our Hospitals'
- PSA #31 - Introducing Burnett County District Attorney Bill Norine (Video)
- Washburn County Finance Director States She Has Claims Against Sheriff, County
- Burnett County Jail Bookings from 8/7 to 8/13
- Traffic Stop Leads to Felony Meth Charges
- $1,000 Cash Bond Set for Man Facing 5th OWI Charges
- Barron County Search Warrant Results in 4 Arrests on Various Drug Charges
- Burnett County Jail Bookings from 7/31 to 8/6