Bernadette has worked at River Street Dental for 15 years! Bernadette is skilled in all aspects of the office. Her official title is Dental Assistant. She started out working in the front office and soon her attention to detail and communication skills with patients lead her to learn Dental Assisting.
Dental Assistants assist Dr. Carroll in all procedures done at the office such as:
- taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays)
- reviewing patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse
- serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment
- helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment
- providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling or crown)
- taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth)
- record keeping
- lab work for orthodontics
- assisting with all clinical dental procedures
Bernadette has also gotten a special certification - Hygiene Assistant. This certification allows Bernadette to polish teeth and assists the Hygienists when needed.
Bernadette enjoys the variety of tasks that comes with working at a dental office and also meeting the wonderful people that come here as patients.
We are very thankful to have Bernadette as a part of our team. She has a fantastic work ethic, and always pushes others to reach their full potential as both a person and a team member. Her warm personality and caring heart is always apparent, and helps create the friendly atmosphere at River Street Dental!
Bernadette has done many things in her life, but her passion has always been her family and her new found interest in playing the cello runs a close second! Bernadette and her husband have been married for over 37 years, and she is the lucky Mama and Grandma of three children, one granddaughter and two grandsons.