- Date and Time of Event: 04/16/2020 0356 AM
- Type of Event: One Vehicle Crash with Injury and entrapment
- Location of Event: Township of Lake Holcombe County highway M at 260th Avenue
- Persons Involved: Chloe G Brenner 25 year old female, 3 passengers (names withheld)
- Agencies Involved: Chippewa County Sheriff’s Office, Cornell fire and EMS, Chippewa Falls EMS, Life Link helicopter, and Mayo 2 helicopter
Details of Event
On the above date and time the Sheriff’s office responded to a report of a one vehicle crash with multiple injuries and subjects entrapped in the vehicle.
Law enforcement, EMS, and fire personnel responded and parties were extricated from the vehicle.
One male subject was air lifted to an area hospital with serious injuries.
The investigation showed that the vehicle was traveling west bound on county highway M at a high rate of speed. The operator, Chloe Brenner, failed to negotiate a curve in the road. The vehicle subsequently entered the ditch and collided with a tree causing extensive damage to the vehicle. The operator was transported by ground ambulance to an area hospital and was later placed under arrest for operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated.
One male passenger was air lifted to an area hospital with serious injuries; two additional passengers received non-life threatening injuries.
Speed and alcohol are believed to be factors in the crash.
The investigation into the crash is ongoing.
- Authority: Sheriff James Kowalczyk
Last Update: Apr 16, 2020 12:09 pm CDT