With the current and upcoming hunting seasons, Barron County Public Health would like to remind everyone about gun safety. We want to share basic safety, key storage points, and locations you can bring guns. Remember the basic safety rules by thinking TAB-K.
- T- Treat every gun as if it is loaded
- A- Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction
- B- Be sure of your target; and what is in front of, and beyond the target
- K- Keep your finger outside the trigger guard until you are ready to shoot
A key part of gun safety is maintaining control of the weapon. When you maintain control you make sure it is not accessible to other users or children.
When you are not using your gun make, sure it is properly stored.
- Guns must be stored unloaded and in locked location, separate from bullets.
- Hide guns from view in your home and keep them locked.
Finally, please remember guns are only allowed in certain locations. This is true for hunting rifles and for individuals with a concealed carry permit. Make sure you are following all rules when carrying a gun.
For more information visit: