Rice Lake Trailer Court Evacuated After Report of Man With Gun
On Friday, January 5, 2018, at 11:00pm the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a call from a female at 2183 18 ½ Ave #25, Anderson Trailer Court, and advised that she was barricaded in her house and her boyfriend had a gun and was threatening to kill her.
Deputies from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with the Rice Lake Police Department responded to the address. At one point during this call a possible gunshot was reported to have gone off, by the suspect, but at this time it does not appear any shots were fired.
The female was able to get out of the trailer and the male subject remained inside. The Barron County Emergency Response Team was called and with the assistance of the Rice Lake Bus Company, the trailer court was evacuated.
Once evacuated the Barron County Emergency Response Team Bearcat (armored vehicle) approached the trailer and attempted to get Darin Jenkins, 46, of this address, to come out. Those attempts were exhausted with no response and at about 3:30 am the Emergency Response Team made entry in the house and took him into custody without incident.
Jenkins is currently being held in the Barron County Jail on charges of Disorderly Conduct, Domestic Abuse and Bail Jumping and all the law enforcement went home, cold but safe with temperatures during this incident at 20 below.
Special thanks goes out to the Rice Lake Police Department, the Rice Lake Bus Company along with all the residents in the trailer court for their assistance and cooperation with this incident.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Winter Camping Rendevous Set for Feb.1-4 At Sawmill Lake Campground
- Local Man Still Logs with Horses
- Washburn County Weekly Accident Report - 1/11/18
- Shell Lake PD's Monthly Report from 12/11 to 1/8
- Court Orders $5,000 Cash Bond to Continue For Cenex Burglary Suspect
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 12/25 to 1/05
- Shell Lake Basketball Program to Host 'Hoops for Heroes' on Tuesday
- Washburn County Accident Report - 1/4/18
- How Do I Choose an In-Home Care Provider for My Loved One with Dementia?