Bosch Packaging to Close Shell Lake Facility
(BNW) -- Bosch is a multinational engineering and electronics company based out of Gerlingen, Germany. The company manufactures a wide array of products ranging from automotive components to packaging technology and consumer goods. At the end of 2016, it was estimated that the company employed roughly 390,000 individuals. On November 2, 2017, Bosch filed a WARN notification with Wisconsin’s Department of Workforce Development.
According to that notification, Bosch Packaging Technology Inc. and Bosch Packaging Services Inc. will restructure its facilities in New Richmond and Shell Lake, Wisconsin to better suit market needs. The facility at 800 North Lake Drive Shell Lake, Wisconsin will be permanently closing in the near future. The company anticipates that the closure of the Shell Lake facility will be completed by mid-2018.
All positions at the Shell Lake facility will be permanently eliminated or transferred to the New Richmond facility at 869 South Knowles Avenue by mid-2018. The company believes that roughly 35 positions will be eliminated across both facilities. According to the WARN notification, full-time salaried exempt and non-exempt associates will receive severance under the company’s standard policy.
Some employees could be reassigned or qualify for open positions at other Bosch locations. Bosch anticipates that the position eliminations will begin in January of 2018 and continue until mid-2018.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Shell Lake Officer Receives Letter of Commendation for Investigation into Cenex Burglary
- Arrest Warrant Issued for Man Charged with Break-In at Shell Lake Cenex
- Clear Lake Police Dept. Asking for Public's Help Identifying this Vehicle & Subject
- Shell Lake Police Monthly Report from 10/9 to 11/8
- Senate Votes to Close OWI Loophole
- Turtle Lake Police Seeking Public's Help Identifying Suspects
- Shell Lake Man Pleads Not Guilty to Child Sex Crimes; Jury Trial Scheduled
- Shell Lake Man Facing Charges in 2 Counties for Meth Trafficking
- Shell Lake Police Activity Log from 9/11 to 10/9