Burnett County Public Health received notification of an additional confirmed case of COVID-19. Burnett County currently has thirteen positive cases of COVID-19. Four cases have recovered. The positive case was reported later in the day yesterday, 07/27/2020.
The individual is currently hospitalized. Contact tracing and investigation is underway.
Burnett County Public Health and the Burnett County COVID-19 Response Team have been preparing for positive cases of COVID-19 and are taking the necessary steps to limit further spread.
Everyone can do their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19. Please remember:
- Avoid social gatherings with anyone other than people who live in your home (no playdates, dinner parties, sleepovers, large family dinners, individual visitors). Avoid large gatherings.
- Practice physical distancing from others, staying six (6) feet apart. Wearing a cloth face mask is highly recommended.
- Wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough/sneeze.
- Avoid touching your face.
- If you get sick, call your hospital/doctor before going in.
Burnett County Public Health and the Burnett County COVID-19 Response Team are ready to handle positive cases of COVID-19. We will continue to work with Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the Centers for Disease Control, and our local partners to make sure our community remains safe and healthy.
For more information on COVID-19 call 211 or visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
You can also follow Burnett County Public Health and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services on Facebook.
Last Update: Jul 28, 2020 12:21 pm CDT