BURNETT COUNTY -- Burnett County Farmer’s Markets are celebrating the opening of their 15th season! This is a local market with a mission to support local farmers, foragers, and producers. Early days yet, but the vendors are already bringing asparagus, rhubarb, lettuces and greens, kohlrabi, herbs, perennials, maple syrup, honey, eggs, baked goods and more!
The Siren market has switched to a new time frame: 10:00 am – 1:00 pm. We hope this fits into folk’s Saturday morning errand schedule and we look forward to seeing you! Siren will also host its 3rd Annual Fresh & Healthy Recipe Challenge. Submit the winning recipe and win an Instant Pot!
Eight (8) recipes will be featured at taste tests on Saturdays at the Siren farmer's markets during July and August. Market shoppers will taste and rate the recipes. The winning entry will be featured on our Facebook page and shared with newspapers.
This year’s challenge:
- Use fresh ingredients (minimum of 2)
- Do not include any processed sugars
- Be quick and easy to prepare
- Include a short paragraph that describes why you like the recipe, if it’s a family favorite, or when you enjoy serving it
- You must be willing to share the recipe
- You must be willing to have your picture taken
Deadline for entries is Saturday, June 22 and may be emailed to the contact below or delivered to Saturday’s Siren farmer's market.
Our market’s schedules:
- Siren, Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., Tesora parking lot, 23985 WI-35, Siren, WI 54872
- Grantsburg, Fridays (beginning June 28), 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., BMC parking lot, 257 W St George Ave, Grantsburg, WI 54840
- Alpha, Thursdays (beginning June 27), 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Burnett Dairy parking lot, 11631 WI-70, Grantsburg, WI 54840
FOR MORE INFO — firstname.lastname@example.org, (715) 349-5845