***News Release Correction***
The location of the crash was approximately 6 miles from Winter, WI, not 1 1/2 as was previously released. The male victim from the crash was flown to St. Mary's Hosptial by North Memorial Air Care not Lifelink III as was previously released.
We apologize for any confusion.
Per Sawyer County Sheriff's Office
On 08/04/17 at 4:13 p.m. Sawyer County Sheriff's Office Deputies, assisted by Sawyer County Ambulance EMTs, the Winter Fire Department and the Radisson Fire Department, responded to a traffic crash on CT W approximately 1 ½ miles south of Winter, WI, involving a passenger car and a tractor.
The car and tractor were both proceeding westbound on CTH W when the crash occurred. The 40 year old male operator of the tractor was treated at the scene and subsequently flown to St. Mary's Hospital in Duluth, MN by Life Link III helicopter. The two occupants of the passenger car, a 66 year old male and a 48 year old female, were treated at the scene and subsequently transported by Sawyer County Ambulance to Rusk County Memorial Hosptial in Ladysmith, WI.
The names and conditions of the victims are not being released at this time. This incident remains under investigation by the Sawyer County Sheriff's Office.
Per Chief Deputy Craig Faulstich
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron County Search Warrant Results in 4 Arrests on Various Drug Charges
- UPDATE: Traffic Stop Results in Seizure of Meth from Spooner Man
- Failure to Appear in Court Results in Another Arrest Warrant for Spooner Man
- Crash Results in 5th Offense OWI Charges for Siren Woman
- 2-Month Long Investigation into Meth Trafficking Results in Arrest of Shell Lake Man
- Felony Meth Conviction Results in Prison Time for Area Man
- 20th Person Indicted in 58-Kilogram Meth Conspiracy Involving CA, MN, and WI
- Duluth Police Seeking Public’s Assistance in Locating Missing Person
- Incident at Spooner Residence Results in Felony Child Neglect Charges