WASHBURN COUNTY — On behalf of the Washburn County Board of Supervisors, the Community Alliance for Prevention (CAP) of Washburn County is awarding $7,500 for 2023 Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse/Use (AODA) Prevention mini-grants.
- Birchwood School District’s Bobcat Be Well Day
- Lakeland Family Resource Center’s Family Nights
- Minong Area Library’s Summer Literacy Outreach
- Shell Lake Public Library’s Teen Escape rooms
- Spooner Memorial Library’s Summer Reading Program: Books are Sweet!
- Washburn County 4-H Summer Camp
- Washburn County Family Fest
- Washburn County UWEX Youth Civic Engagement
- Spooner High School No Cell Phone Challenge by Healthy Minds
These awardees have devised creative opportunities to engage families (roughly 4000 individuals) in prevention efforts. The overall goal of these prevention efforts and programming is to build up our youth, strengthen families and our community, and promote the health of our communities in Washburn County.
For further information on these projects or other prevention efforts, please contact the Community Alliance for Prevention at www.healthywashco.org or on Facebook at @WashCoPrevention.
Last Update: May 03, 2023 12:10 pm CDT