WASHBURN COUNTY -- On behalf of the Washburn County Board of Supervisors, the Community Alliance for Prevention (CAP) of Washburn County is awarding $7,500 for 2022 Alcohol and Other Drug Abuse/Use (AODA) Prevention mini-grants.
- Birchwood School District’s Bobcat Be Well Day
- Community First’s WashCo Grows & Spring into Action Volunteer Fair
- Lakeland Family Resource Center’s Family Nights
- Minong Area Library’s Literacy Outreach
- St. Croix Chippewa Indians of WI/Tribal Education’s Walking with Language and Culture
- Shell Lake Public Library’s Dinner of Survival
- Spooner Memorial Library’s Summer Reading Program: Books are WONDERful
- Washburn County 4-H Summer Camp
- Washburn County Family Fest
- Washburn County Positive Parenting Prevention (Triple P)
These awardees have devised creative opportunities to engage families (3200-4000 individuals) in prevention efforts. The overall goal of these prevention efforts and programming is to build up our youth, strengthen families and our community, and promote the health of our communities in Washburn County.
For further information on these projects or other prevention efforts, please contact the Community Alliance for Prevention at email@example.com; Julie Bever or Lindsay Hayden, 715.645.0055; or www.healthywashco.org.
Last Update: Apr 19, 2022 9:35 am CDT