SHELL LAKE, WI – With record attendance, the pig roast and snack sales from Saturday's fundraiser raised $2000.00 to support the City of Shell Lake Chamber July 3rd Fireworks and Street Dance which will be on Monday, July 3rd, 2023. Saturday's free-will donation meal was scheduled to run from 11:30a to 2:30p.
"With the beautiful weather and wonderful community support, we served approximately 144 people before we sold out at 1p," said event organizer Matt Dryden. "Planning for next year's event is already in the works."
The 3rd of July events are mainly donation-based. If you wish to give to help us improve the 3rd of July fireworks and street dance event please feel free to make your check out to: SHELL LAKE CHAMBER. Memo Line should say: “3rd of July” and be mailed to: Shell Lake Chamber, PO Box 121, Shell Lake, WI. 54871.
This free-will fundraiser was sponsored by these businesses and private individuals:
- Celebrations Event and Tent Rental
- Sawyer Creek Cattle Company
- Matt's Ice Cream Stand (FB)
- The Body Shop Fitness Centers
- Lakeside Watercraft Rental
- Terry & Diane Dryden
- Shell Lake State Bank
- Brown Construction and Roofing
- Manion Foods
2023 Fireworks and Street Dance:
- Shell Lake's 3rd of July event will start at 8 PM on the main street with the family-friendly street dance with the high energy & sounds from Chicago's band “Sushi Roll”.
- Fireworks will start at dark (approximately 9:50-10:00 PM) at the Shell Lake beach. Listen for the thunderous boom to signal the show's start.
The fireworks will be launched from barges from the lake directly in front of the beach/pavilion. The best seating for this show will be that of the direct line of sight to the barges. If you can see them you will be able to see these fireworks.
Come early support our local downtown businesses and enjoy some family and friends time overlooking one of the nicest lakes in Northwest Wisconsin!