WAUSAU, WI -- Congressman Tom Tiffany (WI-07) has announced nine students from Wisconsin's Seventh District who were nominated to a U.S. service academy. All high school students admitted into our nation’s military service academies must first receive a nomination from at least one member of their state’s Congressional Delegation, the Vice President, or the President of the United States.
“I would like to congratulate these nine hard-working and dedicated high school students on receiving my nomination to a United States service academy,”said Congressman Tom Tiffany. “These students are striving to serve something much bigger than themselves, and I cannot wait to see this next generation of young leaders answer the call to defend our nation.”
Students who have received a nomination to a U.S. service academy must still receive an offer of admission into an academy. If admitted, they will be offered the distinct honor of earning a four-year university education with the commitment of serving in the military for a minimum of five years upon graduation.
The following students received a nomination to a U.S. service academy:
United States Military Academy West Point
- Lucas Sydlewski of Houlton, WI – Missouri Military Academy
- Bennett Hatfield of Hudson, WI – Hudson High School
United States Air Force Academy
- Megan DeLeasky of Phillips, WI – Phillips High School
- Isaac Anderson of Hudson, WI – Hudson High School
United States Naval Academy
- Mark Jarman of Lake Nebagamon, WI – Northwestern High School
- Shelby Hennlich of New Richmond, WI – New Richmond High School
- Ingrid Holter of Hudson, WI – Hudson High School
- Ryan Buehler of Ogema, WI – Rib Lake High School
United States Merchant Marine Academy
- Hunter Beese of Amery, WI – Amery High School
The U.S. Coast Guard Academy manages its own selection process and does not require a congressional nomination for appointment. This year’s nominees were selected by a local panel of judges based on academic achievements, civic involvement, leadership skills, physical aptitude, and character through an interview process.
For more information on Congressman Tiffany’s service academy nominations, please visit his website here.
Last Update: Dec 07, 2022 10:48 am CST