BARRON COUNTY -- 69-year-old convicted sex offender, Gene Lundequam, is scheduled to be released in Barron County next week, according to a sex offender bullentin release from the Barron County Sheriff’s Office.
The Barron County Sheriff’s Department is releasing the following information pursuant to Wisconsin State Statute 301.46 which authorizes law enforcement agencies to inform the public of a sex offender’s release when, in the discretion of the agency, the release of information will enhance public safety, awareness, and protection. The individual who appears on this notification has been convicted of a sex offense. Further, his criminal history places him in a classification level, which reflects the potential to re-offend.
This sex offender has served the sentence imposed on him by the courts. He is NOT wanted by law enforcement at this time. This notification is not intended to increase fear. It is our belief that an informed public is a safer public.
Sex offenders have always lived in our communities, but it was not until the Sex Offender Registration and Community Notification Law was enacted that law enforcement was able to share this information with the community. Citizen abuse of this information to threaten, intimidate, or harass registered offenders will NOT be tolerated and will be considered a criminal offense.
As a community, this notification provides us with an opportunity to work together by sharing information to enhance the public safety by increasing community awareness regarding this offender and offering positive crime prevention suggestions.
Lundequam will be released on June 14, 2022, and residing at 2412 US Hwy 8 Cameron WI.
- Conviction date: 02/25/2019
- Attempt 2nd Degree Sexual Assault of a Child
- Child Enticement
- Conditions of Supervision, not limited to:
- No unsupervised contact with individuals under the age of 18
- Not to engage in any relationships without prior agent approval
- Prohibited from being in places frequented by children
- Lifetime GPS
Important Contact Information:
- Barron County Communications Center: (715) 537-3106
- Stephannie Schmidt, Probation Supervisor: (715) 931-8010
- Shannon Odalen, Probation Agent: (715) 931-8006