BARRON COUNTY -- A Barron County woman has been sentenced in Barron County Circuit Court for several cases involving Meth, according to a press release from the Barron County Sheriff's Department.
On Friday, May 22, 2020, Bobbi Jo Rasmussen, age 40 of Barron, was sentenced in Barron County Circuit Court for several cases involving Meth. This stemmed from several arrests made by Barron County Sheriff’s Department Drug Unit over the past several years including cases in Burnett and Chippewa Counties where she was selling Meth in the area. She will serve 10 years in prison and 5 more years of extended supervision.
- Count 4 Possess with Intent – Amphetamine >50 with 2nd & Subsequent and Repeater.
- 15 Years Prison broken down into 10 Yrs. IC & 5 Yrs. ES consecutive to any other sentence she is currently serving. 242 Days Jail Credit.
- Count 5 Felony Bail Jumping with Repeater.
- 6 Years Prison broken down into 3 Yrs. IC & 3 Yrs. ES concurrent to Count 4.
- Count 6 Felony Bail Jumping with Repeater.
- 6 Years Prison broken down into 3 Yrs. IC & 3 Yrs. ES concurrent to Counts 4 and 5.
- Count 40 Possession of Methamphetamine with Repeater.
- 4 Years Prison broken down into 2 Yrs. IC & 2 Yrs. ES concurrent to Counts 4,5, and 6. 6 Days Jail Credit
- Count 41 Possession of Narcotic Drugs (Fentanyl) with Repeater.
- 4 Years Prison broken down into 2 Yrs. IC & 2 Yrs. ES concurrent to Counts 4,5,6, and 40. 9 Days Jail Credit
- Not eligible for Earned Release Program or Challenge Incarceration Program until at least 75 percent of sentence served.
- Costs on each count. Costs include $3200.00 buy money expended during controlled buys.
Meth continues to be the #1 issue in Barron County and we will continue to work with everyone in our community to put a stop to this. While we continue to offer programs like drug court, family drug treatment court and programs in our jail like Restart to help people overcome the addiction, we want everyone to know that selling of meth can and will result in time spent in prison.
- Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff