Cornell City Employees Facing Possible Theft Charges
On September 26th 2017 the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department was contacted by the City Administrator of Cornell, in reference to the theft of City owned property, possibly by two City employees. As a result of that investigation, the arrest of one person occurred and the other person of interest is being referred to the Chippewa County District Attorney’s Office for charging purposes.
City owned property was recovered during the investigation, further investigation in reference to other allegations involving the two suspects continues by the Chippewa County Sheriff’s Department at this time.
- Arrested: John E Westaby age 56 of Cornell, WI. (pictured above)
- Charges: Theft of Movable Property, Misconduct In Public Office
Westaby was released from the Chippewa County Jail on a $2,500.00 signature bond on October 2, 2017.
- Referred: Brandon J Larson age 35 of Holcombe WI.
- Charges: Theft of Movable Property
Both Larson and Westaby are employees of the City of Cornell.
Sheriff James L Kowalczyk
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Prison Sentence for Conviction on Felony Fleeing and Meth Charges
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- Barron Man Indicted in Federal Court on Meth Charges
- Siren Man Faces Felony Charges After Discovery of More Than 20 Pot Plants
- Arrest Warrant Issued on Attempted Arson Charges Filed Against Grantsburg Man
- Additional Charges Filed Against Woman Involved in Possible Overdose Incident at Siren School
- Hair Follicle Testing Leads to Criminal Charges of Child Neglect
- Charges of Child Neglect Filed After Missing Child Located
- Felony Charges Filed Following Incident At Siren Schools Involving Possible Overdose