Counterfeit $50 Bill Reported in Washburn County
MINONG -- The Minong Police Department says that over the holidays an area retailer had received this counterfeit $50.00 bill.
"This bill passed the pen check. If you look at it, it has ink run on both sides and is slightly shorter in width and length.
"It has been determined that this was a $5.00 bill. The individual who made this money bleached out a $5.00 bill and used a poor quality inkjet printer. If you look at the hologram on the right side of the bill it has a picture of Abraham Lincoln not Grant. This is why the money pen showed that it was good." -- Minong Police Dept.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Bill Would Hike $40 Rate for Appointed Lawyers
- Bill to Address Teen Dating Violence Officially Introduced in WI Legislature
- Governor Walker Signs Bill to Make Ginseng the State Herb
- Dispatcher Assisted CPR Bill Aims to Save Wis. Lives during Cardiac Trauma
- Wisconsin Assembly Passes Bill Blocking Solicitation of Nude Photos
- Proposed Bill Would Lower Drinking Age in Wisconsin to 19
- Wisconsin Legislators Propose Bill to Manage Wolf Population
- Numerous Fraudulent Checks/Forgery Cases Reported in Sawyer County
- Authorities: Reported Missing Man on ATV Found Safe