Shell Lake Woman Injured after 1-Vehicle Crash on US 53 Near Haugen
HAUGEN -- According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, a Shell Lake woman was injured yesterday, Wednesday, December 13, 2017, after losing control of her vehicle while traveling south on US 53 near Haugen.
On 12/13/17 at approximately 10:11am the Wisconsin State Patrol responded to a 1-vehicle crash on USH -53 south of 26th Ave. Upon arrival, the Trooper reported the driver was trapped in the vehicle with injuries.
Initial investigation indicates the vehicle was traveling southbound on Hwy 53 when it lost control due to roadway conditions. The vehicle entered the median, rolled and came to rest on its roof. After extrication, the driver was flown from the scene to a hospital in Eau Claire.
The crash involved 1 injury.
- Unit 1: Passenger Car (2004 Ford Explorer)
- Driver: Cusick, Lea - 40 Year Old Female From Shell Lake
- Injuries: Non-Life Threatening
- Transported To: Eau Claire
- Seatbelt Use: Yes
- Alcohol Use: No
- Enforcement Action: Pending Investigation
Assisting agencies included Barron Co. Sheriff’s Dept., Rice Lake Fire Dept., Bear Lake/Haugen Fire Dept., and LMC Ambulance.
The crash remains under investigation by the Wisconsin State Patrol.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Shell Lake Man Sentenced on Reduced Charges
- Names Released in Crash Involving Deputy Sheriff
- Winter Camping Rendevous Set for Feb.1-4 At Sawmill Lake Campground
- Gordon Woman Arrested for 5th Offense OWI
- Shell Lake PD's Monthly Report from 12/11 to 1/8
- Shell Lake Basketball Program to Host 'Hoops for Heroes' on Tuesday
- Rice Lake Trailer Court Evacuated After Report of Man With Gun
- DrydenWire.com Creates, Donates New Logo to the Shell Lake Police Foundation
- Pickup Falls Through Ice on Spooner Lake
- Sheriff's Squad Struck by Vehicle