The Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office has verified the identity of the female who had perished in the residential fire on June 15th, 2017. The victim has been identified as Bette Posey who was 71 years of age at the time and was also the home owner.
The causation of the fire remains under investigation.
Deadly House Fire in Polk County
Friday, June 16, 2017 | PCSO l Press Release
On Thursday, June 15, 2017 at 6:11 am, the Polk County Sheriff’s Office received notification of a “Fully Engulfed” residential house fire at 760 150 th Avenue, Apple River Township.
Upon the arrival of the Apple River Fire Department, a request was made to have the Amery Fire Department assist with handling the fire. The Apple River Fire Department and the Amery Fire Department were able to extinguish the blaze; however the home was completely destroyed.
After the fire was extinguished, it was learned that there may have been person(s) that may have been home at the time of the fire. Polk County Investigators, along with the assistance of the State Department of Criminal Investigation Arson Investigation Unit responded to the scene. During the course of the search, they did locate one person who perished in the fire.
After personnel were able to move the person from the residence he/she was transported to the Midwest Medical Examiner’s Office for an autopsy. At this time, the identity of the victim is still undetermined and once identification is confirmed we will update the press release.
Members of the Apple River Fire Department, Amery Fire Department, Amery Municipal Ambulance Service, Polk County Medical Examiner’s Office, and the State of Wisconsin Department of Criminal Investigation Arson Investigation Unit, assisted the Polk County Sheriff’s Department with this investigation.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation by the Polk County Sheriff’s Office.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Siren Man Pleads Guilty to Substantial Battery Charge from Stabbing Incident
- August Report from the Shell Lake Police Department
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 8/7 - 8/11
- Burnett County Jail Bookings from 8/7 to 8/13
- Giveaway Saturday: Win a $25 Gift Card from Shopko Hometown Spooner
- Make Your Own Fairy House at The Potter's Shed
- From the Desk of Chief Wilson
- Criminal & Traffic Disposition Report for Washburn County from 7/31 - 8/4
- Burnett County Jail Bookings from 7/31 to 8/6
- Traffic Fatalities on Wisconsin Roads Take a Deadly Turn for the Worse