El Tequila's Mexican Restaurant to Open in Spooner Wednesday
As of this Wednesday, Carlos and his wife Kennya Escobedo, will be bringing all their great cooking skills to Spooner as they open their second El Tequila Mexican Restaurant, on River Street and Elm in Spooner, formerly the home of Pillar's Poor Boys.
Carlos grew up in the business, learning everything he knows about cooking and running a restaurant from his father who was a chef, starting in Eagle Pass, Texas, and then moving with the family to both the state of Washington and then to Minnesota in order to open their ethnic restaurants to appreciative foodies.
The Spooner location has already been enlarged to seat 55 by taking out the lunch counter which limited the seating to 35.
Now they've branched out to the Spooner location bringing their excellent food knowledge with along with authentic Mexican decorations including blankets on the walls.
Even though there is already a staff of seven, three in the kitchen and four on the floor, Carlos is looking for two more full-time waitstaff, please apply in person.
There will be specials encouraging the public to “come and try us”, and to get to see what they do.
The Hayward restaurant will be run by their first-born son and both Carlos and Kennya will focus their attention to the new Spooner location.
Carlos has a brother in Texas and two sisters in Minnesota, all in the Mexican food service business, so everyone is carrying on the tradition.
El Tequila's will be open from Monday through Thursdays from 11a to 9p and then Friday and Saturday's they will extend their hours until 10p. They will be closed on Sundays so people can attend church.
They ask your patience when they first open because they only have a small kitchen and everything is so new.
The will have a small bar and also carry beer and Margaritas.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Open Mic Night Hosted by Chad Kostner and The Dock Coffee
- Addison Agen, 'The Voice' Finalist Contestant with Spooner Ties
- Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- 'Breakfast for the Brain' Coming to Spooner Senior Center
- Spooner Area School District Election Notice for School Board
- Jimmy's Pizza in Spooner is 'Moving On'
- Spooner Health Lights up the Holidays with Love Light Ceremony
- Spooner Chamber Announces New Executive Director
- Spooner Man Pleads Guilty to Burglary of IPlay Store