WASHBURN COUNTY -- The Northwest Wisconsin ITBEC Tourism Committee is proud to present the Family Fishing Day as a part of the Wisconsin Governor's Fishing Opener, taking place in Washburn County on Saturday, May 7th, 2022 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
The focus of this event is to inspire the next generation of anglers to get out and enjoy the great outdoors.
Families are welcome to come out to Shell Lake Memorial Park, next to Shell Lake Beach, to enjoy a fun day full of family entertainment. The first 100 families to check in at the Walleye statue will receive a Family Swag Bag.
Some of the highlights include:
- Learn to Fish Casting Lessons with the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- Minnow Races presented by the Shell Lake Chamber of Commerce
- Make a Fishing Bait/Lure presented by Lakeland Family Resource Center
- “Find the Fish” Scavenger Hunt presented by Washburn County Tourism Association
- Community Fish Fry, see below for details
- Build-your-own S’more Station with the Shell Lake Fire Department
- Live Entertainment in the Bandshell:
- 10:30-11:30 a.m. - Kevin Hall, Magic Maniac
- 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. - Live Music by Dan Schullo
- Nonprofit booths with family activities!
Community Fish Fry:
The Community Fish Fry is sponsored by Molson Coors & Northwest Wisconsin ITBEC Tourism Committee. The meal will be prepared by the Shell Lake Lions Club and donations for their time are appreciated! There is no charge for the meal, but servings are limited so please come early.
About the Wisconsin Governor’s Fishing Opener:
The Wisconsin Governor’s Fishing Opener is being presented by the Northwest Wisconsin ITBEC Tourism Committee. NW-ITBEC is a 12 county group dedicated to marketing Northwest Wisconsin. The event was previously presented by Wisconsin Indian Head Country, Inc. who, after many years of dedication, have passed the event on to the new group. ITBEC will hold true to inviting dignitaries and media to celebrate the opener, while bringing a new focus of inspiring the next generation of outdoor enthusiasts to learn all about fishing. The event will continue to rotate around the region each year to showcase the incredible natural resources that the region offers. For information on The Wisconsin Governor’s Fishing Opener, contact the ITBEC volunteers at email@example.com.
Last Update: Apr 19, 2022 2:31 pm CDT