Two-Vehicle Crash in Polk Co. Results in Death of 38-Year-Old
On October 14th 2017 at approximately 5:30 PM, Polk County Dispatchers received calls regarding a two vehicle accident with serious injuries on US Highway 8 near the intersection of 170th street in the Town of Balsam Lake.
On arrival, Officers determined that a Chevrolet pickup truck that was Eastbound on USH 8 had collided with a Buick sedan that was entering onto US Highway 8 off of 170th street from the South.
Aundria Schadow, 38, rural Balsam Lake was operating the 2009 Buick sedan and was pronounced dead at the scene. Jordan Klatt,16, Emerald WI was operating the 1998 Chevrolet pickup truck and his father, Daniel Klatt, 44, Emerald was a passenger in the front seat. The driver sustained serious, but non-life threatening, injuries. He was transported by ground ambulance to a Twin Cities Metro area hospital. The passenger sustained minor injuries.
Alcohol has been ruled out in the matter of the occupants of the pickup truck. Alcohol has not been determined in the matter of the deceased party at this time.
US Highway 8 was shut down and traffic was diverted for a couple of hours during this incident. The Polk County Sheriff’s Department would like to thank and acknowledge the following agencies for their assistance during this incident: Polk County Medical Examiner’s Office, St. Croix Falls Police Department, Fire Department and First Responders, Lakes Region EMS, Osceola Ambulance Service and Fire Department, Balsam Lake Police Department, and North Air Care.
Per Peter Johnson, Polk County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Fatal Crash in Washburn County
- Father Arrested for Reckless Homicide after Investigation into 3-Month-Old Daughter's Death
- Alcohol Suspected as Factor in Vehicle vs Tree Crash in Burnett County
- Jury Trials Scheduled for 2 Men Charged Criminally in Barron County Death Case
- 17-Year-Old Siren Man Charged With Sexual Assault of Child Under 16
- WisDOJ: Update on Ashland County Officer Involved Death Investigation
- Two Adults and Four-Year-Old Child Die from Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Sawyer Co.
- Sheriff Mrotek: No Evidence of Criminal Activity Found in Death of Ryan Gedart
- Movie Review: 'Happy Death Day'
- 76-Year-Old Woman Airlifted After Allegedly Shooting Self in Chest