SIREN -- The flag is flying at half-mast Monday morning at the new Siren Fire Hall in memory of one of their own.

Claire Erickson, 26, [pictued in above photo on left] a five-year member of the Siren Fire Department, was found dead at the scene of a house fire about 5p Sunday afternoon at his home in the Siren Trailer Park, according to a press release from the Siren Police Police Department (see below).

Siren Fire Chief Tony Dalsveen spoke Monday morning about Erickson’s dedication to the fire department and his love of being a firefighter. “He was an awesome fireman. He was always one of our top responders,” Chief Dalsveen said. “He was well-known and liked in the area and in our department."

Dalsveen said he was working on completed his Certified Firefighter 1 class, and he was going to start work this week for the Webster DNR as a firefighter.

“He made every meeting and every parade. He rode in a firetruck in the parades with his wife and kids,” and he was in the March 10 Siren parade for the St. Patrick’s celebration with his wife and kids. Being a firefighter was his mainstay.”

On his Facebook page, Mr. Erickson showed his highest priorities in life. It says, Husband. Father. Firefighter.”

Siren Police Department News Release

On Sunday, March 18, 2018, at approximately 5:30 P.M., Siren Fire Department was paged to a fire at 23642 State Road 35 in the Village of Siren.

Dispatch also received a report that the male property owner was suicidal and was in possession of a firearm.

When officers and fire personnel arrived on scene, on an initial search inside the residence, the male was located inside the residence and removed from the fire scene.  The male was checked for signs of life and he was found to be deceased.

Siren Police Department was assisted on scene by the Burnett County Sheriffs Department, St. Croix Tribal Police Department, Siren Fire Department and the Burnett County Medical Examiner’s office.

Chief Chris Sybers said, "Please keep all involved in this incident in your thoughts. This case is still under investigation."

Share This Article