Incident: The Chippewa County Sheriff's Dept. was notified at around 5:45 pm on Friday evening of a car/pedestrian accident that occurred on CTH X just east of the Cadott Village limits. The victim was struck while crossing CTH X after parking his vehicle on the south shoulder of CTHX. EMS transported the victim to an area hospital where he there after died. The driver of the vehicle indicated that he was east bound on CTHX on his way home, when he did not see the pedestrian until he struck him. Mr. Walker was dressed in dark clothing, which attributed as a factor in the accident.
At this time in the investigation, alcohol does not appear to be a factor in this accident. Further information will be released as the investigation continues.
- Traffic Accident: Fatality: Vehicle vs Pedestrian
- January 26, 2018 at 5:45pm
- Location: CTHX just east of the Cadott Village limits, Township of Sigel
- Pedestrian/Victim: Harry L Walker age 86 male of Cadott, WI.
- Vehicle Operator: Brennan C Kaz age 21 male from Clark County
Per Sheriff James L Kowalczyk