Felony Charges Filed Against Barron Man Following Car vs Pedestrian Incident
Felony charges have been filed against a Barron, WI man who was allegedly driving a vehicle that struck a pedestrian on December 28, 2017 in Barron County.
Online circuit court records show that Nathan Ahlm is charged with Class F Felony Injury by Use/Vehicle-Controlled Substance.
A press release from the Barron County Sheriff’s Department on December 29, 2017, identified Ahlm as the driver of the vehicle which struck Jason Kothbauer, of Cameron, WI, while Kothbauer was walking home.
Barron County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene of the incident along with the Chetek Fire Department, Life Link Helicopter, Chetek First Responders and Chetek Ambulance.
Kothbauer was flown to an Eau Claire, WI hospital with non-life threatening leg and head injuries. Kothbauer’s current condition is not known to DrydenWire.com at this time.
Ahlm appeared in Barron County Circuit Court on December 29, 2017, regarding his charges and the court placed him on a $5,000 signature bond. He is scheduled to appear again later this month.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
Barron Man Arrested For OWI After Striking Pedestrian With Vehicle
Friday, December 29, 2017 | BCSD l Press Release
On Thursday, December 28, 2017, at 10:38 p.m., the Barron County Sheriff’s Department received a 911 call of a car vs pedestrian accident on 20th Street near 9th Avenue.
The Barron County Sheriff’s Department along with the Chetek Fire Department, Life Link Helicopter, Chetek First Responders and Chetek Ambulance responded to the scene.
Initial investigation shows Jason Kothbauer, 41 of Cameron, was walking home when he was struck by a vehicle driven by Nathan Ahlm, 25 of Barron. After striking Kothbauer, the Ahlm vehicle went into the ditch.
Kothbauer was flown to an Eau Claire hospital with non-life threatening leg and head injuries and Ahlm was arrested for reckless driving causing injury and OWI. Ahlm is currently being held in the Barron County Jail awaiting formal charges by the District Attorney’s office.
Per Chris Fitzgerald, Barron County Sheriff
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Charges Filed Against Spooner Man Following Burglary at Cabin
- Attempted Escape Charges Filed Against Washburn County Inmate
- Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools
- Update: Rice Lake Man Facing Felony Charges After Gun Incident
- Rusk County Man Faces Additional Charges
- 3 People Apply for Barron County District Attorney
- Drug-Related Charges Filed Against 4 People after Traffic Stop Near Spooner
- Woman Sentenced in Barron County for Conviction of Delivery of Meth
- Man in Custody After Allegedly Firing Gun During Altercation in Barron County
- Building a Digital Defense Against Ransomware Targeting Businesses