Felony Charges Filed Following Discovery of Nearly 60 Grams of Meth
A man and woman, both from Glenville, MN, have received felony charges in Barron County Circuit Court following an incident on October 21, 2017, in which the Cumberland Police Department located nearly 60 grams of methamphetamine in a vehicle which the two individuals were in.
According to Cumberland Police Chief Rieper, a local business reported a suspicious vehicle with someone passed out inside. During the subsequent investigation, officers found a man and a woman with the vehicle and also located a total of 59.7 grams of methamphetamine.
The man was identified as Anthony Weber, of Glenville, MN, and the woman was identified as Samantha Carter, also of Glenville, MN.
Online circuit court records show that on October 25, 2017, criminal complaints were filed against the two. Weber has been charged with Class C Felony Possess w/Intent Amphetamine (.50g), and 2 counts of Misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia. Carter is charged with Class C Felony Possess w/Intent Amphetamine (.50g), Misdemeanor Possession of Marijuana and 2 counts of Misdemeanor Possession of Drug Paraphernalia.
Weber and Carter both appeared in Barron County Circuit Court on October 25, according to online circuit court records. The Court placed Weber on a $5,000 cash bond, and Carter was placed on a $1,500 cash bond.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
2 Arrested After Cumberland Police Discover Nearly 60 Grams of Meth in Vehicle
Monday, October 23, 2017 | DrydenWire
On Saturday, October 21, 2017, a local business called about a suspicious vehicle with a subject passed out in the vehicle. The officer made contact with the vehicle and the occupants of the vehicle who were under the influence of a controlled substance. After a vehicle search was conducted the male and female occupants of the vehicle were arrested with 59.7 grams of methamphetamine. The male and female were transported to the Barron County Jail.
- Per Cumberland Police Chief Rieper
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Prison Sentence for Conviction on Felony Fleeing and Meth Charges
- Arrest by Spooner Police Leads to Charges of OWI with Kids in Car, Possession of Meth
- Spooner Man Pleads Not Guilty to Charges of 2nd Degree Recklessly Endangering Safety
- Barron Man Indicted in Federal Court on Meth Charges
- Siren Man Faces Felony Charges After Discovery of More Than 20 Pot Plants
- Healthy Minute: kNOw Meth Burnett County
- Arrest Warrant Issued on Attempted Arson Charges Filed Against Grantsburg Man
- Additional Charges Filed Against Woman Involved in Possible Overdose Incident at Siren School
- Probation Ordered for Couple Convicted of Possession of Meth & Child Neglect
- Hair Follicle Testing Leads to Criminal Charges of Child Neglect