Criminal charges have been filed in Burnett County Circuit Court against a Spooner, WI man after St. Croix's Tribal Police K9 Unit located methamphetamine in the man's vehicle in the Hertel Express parking lot.
According to the criminal complaint, the St. Croix Tribal Police Department's K9 Unit was patrolling the new parking lot of the Hertel Express on July 1, 2017, at about 12:41 A.M. K9 Reese alerted on a black Chevrolet Monte Carlo indicating that controlled substances were inside the car.
About 5 minutes later, Tribal Police Officers observed a man get into the Monte Carlo and start to back up. Officers approached the car and shined a flashlight at the man driving it. The man was identified as Micheal E. Hunter, of Spooner, WI, the registered owner of the vehicle.
Officers explained the K9 search process to Hunter and advised him that K9 Reese would be searching the Monte Carlo. Inside the trunk of the car, officers found a lunch box containing a pen tube which had white powder inside it.
Hunter reportedly told officers that the lunch box belonged to a friend who he had met only a week earlier, but he did not know the friend's last name or a phone number. The white powder tested positive for methamphetamine. Hunter was placed under arrest for Possession of Methamphetamine.
According to public record, Hunter appeared for a bail bond hearing in Burnett County Circuit Court on July 3, 2017, and was placed on a $5,000 signature bond with the condition that he is not allowed to use or possess and illegal substances or paraphernalia.
Charges were filed against Hunter in Burnett County Circuit Court on July 11, 2017, for Class I Felony Possession of Methamphetamine.
Hunter was scheduled to appear on July 12 for an Initial Appearance on his charges, however public record indicates that he did not appear as he is on a Probation hold in the Washburn County Jail.
Pursuant to the direction of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, as found in Supreme Court Rule 20:3.6, Trial Publicly, you are advised that a charge is merely an accusation and that a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Fall Hydrant Flushing Program Begins Monday for Spooner
- Court Orders Probation for Spooner Woman Charged With Child Neglect
- Join Me at the 'Livin Life and Lovin It' Senior Expo Friday in Spooner, September 29th!
- Save the Date: Fall Clean Up Day for City of Spooner Residents
- Traffic Stop & K-9 Sniff Result in Drug Charges for Spooner Man and Woman
- Spooner Eye Care will be Seeing Patients in Their New Building Soon
- Supplier of Meth to Dealers in Northwest Wisconsin Sentenced to 13 Years in Prison
- Shell Lake Man Facing Meth Charges
- Felony Auto Theft Charges Filed Against Shell Lake Man
- Spooner Woman Facing Charges of Maintaining Drug Trafficking Place