Washburn County, WI -- The Washburn County Health Department is confirming the first death of a Washburn County resident due to COVID-19.
We extend our deepest condolences to the family and friends of this individual. Our thoughts are with them. This loss is felt by the entire community. Further information is not being released out of respect for the privacy of the deceased and their loved ones.
As of today, September 10, 2020 at 12:00PM, Washburn County has 78 positive cases of COVID-19, with 15 active cases. Updated numbers are posted daily on the Washburn County Health Department Facebook page and on our Coronavirus Outbreak webpage. A comprehensive breakdown of data is posted weekly on Wednesdays in the same locations.
Washburn County businesses and residents should take the following steps to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- Avoid social gatherings with anyone other than people who live in your home, as much as possible.
- Avoid large gatherings.
- Physical distancing of at least 6 feet from people who do not live together.
- Use of cloth face coverings when in public places.
- Frequent hand washing with soap and water, or sanitize with hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are unavailable.
- If experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/symptoms.htm), isolate yourself as much as possible and get tested. Call your hospital/medical provider before visiting in- person.
- Businesses should follow the WEDC’s guidelines for reopening (https://wedc.org/reopen-guidelines/)
Visit https://www.co.washburn.wi.us/news/public-health/Coronavirus-Outbreak for up-to-date information and Washburn County testing information by provider. Questions can be directed to the Health Department at 715- 635-4400 or by email to email@example.com.