Former Sawyer County Deputy Sheriff, Veteran Passes
Richard J. Hagen, age 89, of Hayward, WI died Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at Hayward Area Memorial Hospital.
Richard James Hagen was born on August 16, 1928 in Hayward, WI son of Gustav and Charlotte (Lessard) Hagen. He grew up and graduated high school in Hayward, then was drafted into the US Army in 1950. After his military service he returned to Hayward to take care of his parents. Dick continued his service in the Army National Guard for 16 years. He owned and operated Hagen Shell Gas Station for several years, then worked for Smitty’s Liquor Store for many years. Dick became a sheriff’s deputy with Sawyer county Sheriff’s Department where he worked until he retired in the 1990’s after many years of service.
You can read the full obituary for Richard Hagen on SawyerWire.com's Obituary Page.
You May Also Be Interested In:
- Barron County Sheriff Wants Drug Testing In High Schools
- Sheriff Fitzgerald Shares His Thoughts on Tragedy in Florida
- Washburn Sheriff’s Office K9 Assists State Patrol; Seize Over 15 Grams of Meth
- UPDATE: Sheriff Fitzgerald Posts Update in Discovery of Skeletal Remains Investigation
- Former Operator of ‘Eau Claire TMZ’ Enters Guilty Plea on Sex Offender Registry Violation Case
- Barron County Sheriff’s Dept 2017 Annual Report
- Duffy's Family Self-Sufficiency Act Passes In Bipartisan Fashion
- Names Released in Crash Involving Deputy Sheriff
- Rusk County Deputy to be Recognized as Wisconsin Assembly ‘Hometown Hero’