TREGO, Wis. -- A garage in Trego, Wisconsin, caught fire Wednesday destroying the garage and significantly damaging a house and multiple vehicles.

Spooner Fire Chief Darren Vik told that the call regarding the fire, located at N7337 3rd street, came in shortly after 5p.

Vik said that the fire initially started in the garage and although the house was detached from the garage, due to the extreme fire, the house quickly caught fire.

1 car was in the garage at the time of the fire, two more were located just outside of the garage, and 2 more were a short distance away.  All 5 suffered various damage.

Vik said that it is not clear at this time what, exactly, started the fire but that it was "currently under investigation," adding that "Wisconsin code states that every fire has to be investigated."

The residence is owned by Dave Perko.

No injuries were reported, however, one cat has not been located.

The Minong Fire Department and Shell Lake Fire Department also assisted the Spooner Fire Department.


Last Update: May 16, 2019 10:22 am CDT

Share This Article