MADISON -- Gov. Tony Evers today took action on eleven bills. The bills include:
Assembly Bill 132, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 81:
- Requires certain entities that send immunization-related mail to ensure that any information that may disclose an individual’s immunization status is not visible on the outside of the piece of mail.
Assembly Bill 190, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 82:
- Requires the Law Enforcement Standards Board to regulate jail and detention officer training, and to regulate recruitment standards for officers and
- Requires law enforcement agencies to keep an employment file for each employee and create a procedure for law enforcement agencies, jails, and juvenile detention facilities recruiting for officers to receive and review a candidates employment file from prior employers.
Assembly Bill 220, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 83:
- Requires schools to annually provide information to parents on youth apprenticeship and creates an exception for providing information on options only available to high school students for schools that do not serve high school grades.
Assembly Bill 270, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 84:
- Makes various changes to the issuance and validity of marriage licenses, including changing residency requirements, required documentation, waiting periods, and filing requirements.
Assembly Bill 300, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 85:
- Provides deadlines for certain Public Service Commission actions after a water public utility or combined water and sewer public utility submits an application for certificate of authority and after a water public utility submits an application for approval of lead service line financial assistance.
Assembly Bill 302, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 86:
- Exempts water utilities from needing a certificate of authority issued by the Public Service Commission before beginning certain projects related to installing or replacing customer meters.
Assembly Bill 325, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 87:
- Adopts the Revised Uniform Unclaimed Property Act as approved by the Uniform Law Commission. By updating the state’s unclaimed property laws, the bill clarifies the duties of property holders and improves the Department of Revenue’s ability to return unclaimed property to its rightful owners.
Senate Bill 103, now& 2021 Wisconsin Act 88:
- Requires the Medicaid program to provide reimbursement for certain complex rehabilitation technology prescribed to residents in nursing homes.
Senate Bill 373, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 89:
- Requires the Department of Public Instruction to create an online portal, available beginning in the 2023-24 school year, that displays financial data collected from all school districts, county children with disabilities education boards, and independent charter schools and
- Creates an 11-person advisory committee to develop a report of recommendations to the department by Feb. 1, 2023, that includes recommendations on the categories of information that will be accessible to the public through the portal and the resources necessary to implement and maintain the portal.
Senate Bill 555, now 2021 Wisconsin Act 90:
- Adds required content to school district curriculum on human growth and development regarding the Safe Haven law, if a school board provides a human growth and development instructional program.
In addition to signing the above bills, Gov. Evers vetoed Senate Bill 454.
Veto message for Senate Bill 454.
Last Update: Nov 05, 2021 2:36 pm CDT